Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday (My Birthday!)

I was surprised there are still friends reading my blog...i thought no one would still be checking out my blog anymore...cos even the frequency at which I access my own blog is pretty low...
thanks icy and olive...

i've resolved most of the mini crises from this week oredi....except for the huge pile of work waiting to be completed and my laptop, which has crashed to such an extent that Windows can't even start already...
i'll prolly hav to bring it down to NUS for a check tmr although i reali hate lugging it arnd....and if the servicing costs and replacement costs are too high, i might as well get a new laptop...

Hmm...i was telling those frens who were concerned abt me dat on Friday and Saturday, things looked much better le....
lemme elaborate a little...and btw, i feel like bloggin now cos i was reading my engin notes and felt so so bored...

The issue with my booking of ippt has been resolved, not by the help of any of the ns clerks but by sheer luck, i was able to book some slots on Sat, yest and I cleared my ippt successfully....
the clerks were incapable with assisting me at all...and reali puts me off big time...i wonder why they are there for in the first place...if it is just to provide information instead of solving problems (dat was a minor issue dat i needed help with but they couldn't fix it)...den it is very poor customer service...or rather, prolly the processes within such a big governmental institution are too rigid...

anyhow, dat issue has been resolved and i do not want to talk abt it anymore...

I received a call from MOE on thursday, inviting me to give a speech at one of the secondary schools in a fortnight's time....
after getting more information from the lady on the phone and further info through email, i agreed to go ahead with it....i tink it's a good opportunity to make new friends and know more people and of cos, to inspire the younger generation if i can....
and i hope i can....i'll most likely be talking abt entrepreneurship in general...

on friday, i received an email from NUS telling me dat i've been selected to be a recipient of this year's NUS student achievement award in the Enterprise category...
whoa...i was pleasantly surprised and of course, exceedingly pleased!

yah...so the week ended quite well too...

but today, which is supposed to be my birthdae...i ended up having to stay home to study...
and although i stayed home, i had no motivation to study at all...progress slowed to a snail's pace..
sianz...
she isn't here either...
but at least we r meeting later...for a simple dinner, but it doesn't matter...i don need a grand dinner....

extremely busy now again....i was hoping dat life back in singapore in my final year could be much more relaxed than when i was in US, but i guess it's not the environment dat determines how busy one is as much as the individual's attitude towards commitments..
once again, i sorta am having too many commitments again...

let's see how things turn out....as much as i'd like to fly back to US for the competition, I reali am not sure whether i can commit or not...
a wonderful opportunity at my doorstep...but do i hav the time and resources for it?

let's see let's see....

on my birthday, i juz hav a simple wish...
i wan my loved ones to be happy and healthy always! =)

thanks everyone for giving me well wishes! =)
I appreciate it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happi Birthday dear dear... Hope ur wishES will come true soon... Muacks...