Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tuesday...

another one of those nights when I feel like blogging...
usually it's either cos i hav many thots on my mind, or when i feel unhappy, or when i feel very happy, or when i feel a little lonely...or well, maybe many other possible reasons.... =p

Tonight is a combination of a few reasons...
well, anyway....

today was sort of a 'free' day for me as I did not go to school....when the action of my final yr project heats up, I guess I will most likely have to go to school on tuesdays as well...
I called Alamo in Philaldelphia just 10mins ago....regarding a traffic fine I got in July...
The familiar american accent, the familiar american greeting style, the familiarity of the car company, the familiarity of everything american...
it made me think of some of the times I spent in US during the past one year....
Memorable....

Perhaps a coincidence, 3 of my NOC frens msged me tonight on msn...
we talked...
one of them is still in US, he's one of my closest friends when I was there....he's from my batch....we chatted a little abt relationship and about any exciting new ideas we have....
hahaz, it's so fun....we always talked about our ideas, our dreams....
I remember the last time we had a nice, long chat that lasted 2hrs+ was at White Lady along 40th and Walnut street....we had dinner there on a Saturday in June....we chatted all night...about business ideas, about entrepreneurship dreams...about relationships....and some gossips as well..
it was fun....i always enjoyed talking to him....

another fren, she's from my batch too, back in Singapore oredi...
we were talking about future job prospects as soon as we graduate if we don startup by then....it's always fun talking to her about all these stuff too cos we always talked about them when we were in Philly...
she is so much more diligent than I am when it comes to preparing resumes and attending career talks....hahaz, she zapped me juz now....and yes, i will be pulling my socks up soon...
sooner than anyone can imagine.... =p

and talking to shamantha now, she's at work...hahaz.....and msning....wah.... =p
she was telling me abt some of her stuff and her boyfriend's stuff....sweet couple....

ohh, and almost everyone asked me abt how MJ and I are doing too...
seems like dat's usually the opening greeting sentence from many of my frens.....hahaz...

Someone asked me just this afternoon whether I think of Philly anot....someone asked me on Sunday too...
I said, well, sometimes I do...
after all, i spent a year there, an intensive one year...living out there and working and studying and socializing and networking....it's much more than I dared to even imagine before i went there...
sometimes, I do want to talk to my gf, my family and my frens about my experiences...
but usually, I stop at a certain point....
some ppl get bored, some feel dat it's irrelevant, some might feel dat i'm showing off....
I wan to share...but it also depends whether there are ppl who are interested to interact too....

Whenever I speak to my NOC frens who were in philly too, we always get so excited.....i guess it's partly cos we went thru similar experiences together....
it was really not easy at times....
I mean it....it was really challenging at times....

Back in Singapore now where life is so much more comfortable and sheltered, I feel blessed of cos...
but the 'training' when I was there has indeed toughened me a lot...
Nevertheless, regardless of how challenging it could sometimes be, I still encourage every NUS student who has a chance to embark on this journey of self-discovery, of entrepreneurship explorations...of many other things...
I have not been talking about this or sharing many of my thots on my blog in recent months....

as I was just telling Sham when she asked y i'm not going to bed yet, tonight is one of those nights when I feel like blogging...
MJ is asleep already (she's tired) and well, I just feel like talking....so I guess my blog again is another good source of my 'talk'....
hahaz....

Anyhow, I'm going to be paid for working for my company here...
and guess wat...i'm getting 50% more than wat i used to get....woohoo.... =p
well, the money isn't really dat impt actually; i'd willingly do it for free for my mentor, fren, fatherly figure and CFO....
it's the excitement from the connection we are still establishing that excites me....
He gives me the forever friends feeling...hahaz....

Alright, I shall head off to bed soon....
and accompany MJ in dreamland....hahaz.....

More later...
The excitement's just begun! =p

No comments: