Monday, January 07, 2008

Sunday...

Just wanna try to publish a quick post before sleeping...

I have had so much fun, happiness and excitement the last two days. It all centered round the group of NOC NCBV mentors who had come to Singapore for a short business cum travel trip.

Prof Jan, Prof Babin, Joe Sun, Megan and Eric.

I will post pictures later. It has been so wonderful.

They have been great benefactors of us and to myself personally. Again, I find it immensely hard to express how I feel about them and the entire NOC NCBV experience in just a single blog post. It is perhaps something hard to imagine and comprehend unless one goes through it.

A few of us brought them around town today. We went to Little India, Bugis Junction, Waterloo Street, Chinatown, One Fullerton and finally, The Esplanade.

More details and photographs later.

I couldn't bear to let them leave for their hotel eventually (they are flying back to Philadelphia tomorrow). I gave Prof Jan, Megan and Joe Sun (who were the only ones left at 10+pm) tight hugs each. They said very kind words and I guess I will continue to miss them lots. I wonder if they had been 'Singaporeanized' or I had been 'Americanized' or perhaps a little of both and other factors; I felt very comfortable and close with them back in Philadelphia and now in Singapore. It is as if we have known each other for an even longer time.

I guess that I have to make it a point to keep in touch with all of them as one of my 2008 resolutions.
I'll gladly do so. =)

I was very happy interacting with all the NOC NCBV alumni who turned up yesterday and today. With my batch and my junior batch NCBV people, it felt even more intimate. It was in fact, very 'close'. We used to have our long chats, drinks, parties, gatherings, chill-outs, etc. at our houses in Philly or at some food joint/bar. Now, we have been having it in Singapore the last 2 days. The feeling was incredible, to say the least.
Even though we have not see none another for a few months, it felt almost exactly the same as before! We still hav a lot to talk to each other about; we didn't feel any stranger with each other at all. In fact, many of us felt even closer than before.

Wow, I'm so perked up and ZAPPED again. The energy, the enthusiasm, the potential, the ever-higher achievements and the rare calibre of such an outstanding group of people put together just makes me feel really really good all over again.

They have given me a new boost of energy; the kind I always felt when I was back in the US.

Thank you everyone. I will continue with the NCBV spirit.

I will remember all the kind, encouraging and sensible advice of everyone.

Thank you.

I will describe more in detail later. For now, I hope they will have safe flight back to Philly and I will look forward to my Vietnam trip this coming week with my bao bei, which I expect to be great too. =)

I miss my US experiences,
I miss Philly,
I miss PENN, I miss Wharton,
I miss Ludlow Angels,
I miss PayQuik,
I miss Bus 44, I miss the american airlines,
It's amazing, phenomenal, surreal.
It's the greatest thing that ever was conceived for the lucky few in NUS.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I will carry this spirit and achieve wonders in Singapore and in the world!
Trust me, I will exceed all expectations again and all the time! =)

No comments: